Monday, November 15, 2010

An even blacker Black Friday

Looking to save some dough this holiday season? Look into ShopAtHome.com. Seriously.
I’ve written about this before... but I'm going to tell you again because I heart it so much. My friend works for ShopAtHome and it is AWESOME. (She doesn't make any money when I write this though, I just wanted to share how I learned of it's existence...)

I live in the middle of nowhere, so when it comes to gifts, I’ll make most of my purchases online. If you too, live where only corn grows or you like to avoid the crowds, shop in your pajamas, fear daylight, etc., perhaps you’ll shop online too. 
More than 352 merchants offer discounts and deals through shopathome.com... oh wait... 352 merchants whose name begins with “A”... 375 with “B”... 444 with “C”... etc. for a total of more than 2,000 different stores. You’ll find what you want.  

Don't forget to buy locally if you can though....

But for stores 50+ miles away... here are some of the discounts shopathome.com offers:
Buying gifts?
Kohls: 4 percent cash back
Barnes and Noble: 8 percent cash back
Cabelas: 4 percent cash back
Target: 5 percent cash back
Verizon: $35 dollars cash back
Pictures/Holiday cards?
Shutterfly.com: 25 percent cash back
Snapfish.com: 25 percent CASH BACK 
Wal-Mart.com: 3 percent cash back (you pick them up at your friendly, neighborhood branch)
Shoes?
shoes.com: 12 percent cash back
Famous Footwear: 13 percent cash back
DSW: 8 percent cash back
Crocs, Inc.: 7.5 percent cash back
Traveling?
Priceline.com: 3 percent cash back  <---- this one RoCkS the hiz-ouse! "Name Your Own Price" is already a bargain!
Travelocity.com: 3 percent cash back
Holiday Inn: 6 percent cash back
Choice Hotels: 7 percent cash back
Home improvement?
Home Depot: 5 percent cash back
Even Ebay offers 3 percent cash back... :)
All you have to do is visit shopathome.com and register. Search for the store you want using the toolbar, or type in search words like: “computers,” “video games,” “Barbie” or “Silver jeans” and chose the merchant with the best deal. 
Click on the store of your choice and shop as usual. You’ll receive the cash back once you’ve earned at least $20 in total cash back. You can use that extra money to pay off the credit card bill OR better yet, the after-Christmas sales :)

If you find any good/better deals, let me know. I'm always looking to save some cash myself :)

Happy bargain hunting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment