Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010: The year of baby, car-buying, weddings and home ownership

 Found this survey on Peggy Sue's Perspective blog. She'd located it on MommyWantsVodka. The survey is a little narcissistic, but 2010 was a big year for me. Let's document:


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

Holy! You act like that's a one-part answer. To begin...

1). got pregnant
2). purchased a car
3). got engaged
4). got hitched
5). gave birth
6). moved in to the world of home ownersville

.... yes, in that order.


2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Every year I say: get healthier and lose weight. Last year, I got pregnant. So no, no I will not make any for next year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yepps. Me.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No. Thank goodness. I don't think I could handle any more of life's milestones last year. That and THANK GOODNESS no one died, but you knew that already...


5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

* A better blog, one that helps people, provokes conversation and provides entertainment
* A Bobcat to remove the North Dakota snow
6. What countries did you visit?

None this year. Unless you count @nortonbrian's New Zealand photos on Facebook.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
June 26, 2010 ---> wedding day
Sept. 22, 2010---> Cole's day


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Motherhood


9. What was your biggest failure?

Not documenting enough of carrying Cole

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Do the fat ankles of pregnancy count?


11. What was the best thing you bought?

My Cole-mobile


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

all the awesome people who helped us finish and move into our new house. And! All the fantastic medical pros responsible for Cole's good health.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My brother. Jeez, Mike. That dancing on tables has GOT to stop.

14. Where did most of your money go?


Car, wedding, baby, house...


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My wedding reception


16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

"You and me together," Dave Matthews


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:



i. happier or sadder? neither. just more scared. Scared I'll mess my kid up for eternity

ii. thinner or fatter? well, I'm not pregnant anymore, so let's go with THINNER! Yey me!


iii. richer or poorer? financially? poorer. but richer in so many ways *awww*


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

blogging, writing letters to my son

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Lived alone in my apartment. It's kind of nice to have roommates again.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?


I spent Christmas in Iowa. With more family members than in Levi's graduating class.


21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.



22. Did you fall in love in 2009?

*yes*
 
23. How many one-night stands?


None. And even if there were, my DAD reads this!


24. What was your favorite TV program?

Dexter


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Maybe
 
26. What was the best book you read?

"What to Expect when Expecting"


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

the sweet symphony of a laughing baby
 
28. What did you want and get?

Well, not a No. 29 survey question THAT'S for sure.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

Does the TV series, "Dexter," count?

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

26, and Levi and I left Cole alone with a babysitter (his grandma) for the first time and had dinner

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?


Winning the lottery of course. But to win you have to actually play so I am probably not ever going to win it. <--- I copied this from Peggy Sue. It was the answer in my head before I read what she wrote. Basically, Peggy Sue telepathically plagiarized me.


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Elast-o waist pants

34. What kept you sane?

My mom. She's insane enough for the both of us :)


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I used to heart Christina Aguilera. And then she used her divorce to publicize her movie. Two words: lame.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?


I should know this one, but with all I had going on, I don't remember much beyond my four little walls this year. But I suppose I could fake it and say... Don't Ask, Don't Tell? Health Care Reform? Obama's Republican in Democrat's clothing-style tax-breaks?


37. Who did you miss?

My family in Iowa and Colorado.


38. Who was the best new person you met?

Cole Ryan Anderson, obvs.


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:

Pills alone are an inadequate means of birth control! (Sorry 'bout that one dad, but the little kids need to know)


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Mmm bob?

No comments:

Post a Comment