Saturday, January 8, 2011

For my family

It's been a tough week. And I'm not talking about my return to work. That seems like a minor inconvenience compared to the sudden loss of life and limb in my family.

* Cousin Brian Pfeiler, make that Sgt. Brian Pfeiler, of Iowa National Guard Company D 1st Battalion, 133rd Infantry, stepped on a landmine while on patrol in Afghanistan and lost his right foot.

* Twenty-three year old Christian Sogaard, my mother's cousin's son, died in a car crash Tuesday. 

But those stories are not mine to tell.

Even so, it doesn't seem right to earn revenue on a post like this, so I removed the ads.

Aunt Donna in Oklahoma said a few photos of Cole might lift a spirit or two. And he likes to help when he can. So here they are.

Thinking of you Pfeiler and Sogaard families...





1 comment:

  1. This definitely helps....just seeing his cute little face makes me smile! I hope your week back at work went well. Life continually throws us curves, so I'm thankful we have our big, crazy family to help us through it all. xoxoxo Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete