Monday, October 25, 2010

Baby's first er, uh second slumber party

Today, my husband has surgery.

The nearest hospital performing such a procedure is 100 miles away, so the little tyke is crashing at grandma's. It's his first slumber party since the NICU.

While I'm sure he won't notice our departure, i.e., he'll probably have more fun without us, I'm already teary about leaving him.

Please tell me this is normal and will go away.

If one night is tough, how will I handle summer camps and college?

1 comment:

  1. Katie
    I will tell you this feeling is normal but for me it hasn't gone away. My son is 3 and for me it continues to get harder as he gets more independent and talkative and says "Mommy I want to stay with grandma!!" I guess the times are all hard but the first times when they are Cole's age were definitely the hardest. I am still hoping the tears begin to stop flooding me all the time.
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete